Generic Type: Cementitious inorganic fireproofing formulation supplied as a single powder component that is mixed with clean, potable water prior to application.
Description: A single package powder component mixed with clean, potable water before application. PYROLITE 15 is designed to fireproof interior structural beams, joists, walls, roofs, decks, girders, columns, electrified floors and pre-cast concrete
• Cementitious – Durable, remains in place during construction and beyond.
• Excellent film build – On all surfaces including columns, beams and decks.
• Applicator friendly – High film build, no alum required for increased coverage and easy clean-up.
• Asbestos-free – Complies with EPA and OSHA regulations.
• Mineral –Wool free – No airborne fibers.
• Alum and Chloride free – No special priming required.
• Styrene free – No toxic decomposition gasses.
• Economical – Maintains project on budget.
• Multiple U.L. Designs – Provides for design flexibility with over 40 U.L. designs.
• Quality Manufactured – Under strict Carboline quality standards.
• U.L. inspection service, consistent quality in every bag.
• Ready to Use – No site additives required.
• RETRO-LITE 15 (blue) is available for special order for asbestos abatement .
Finish PYROLITE 15 is normally left as a sprayed finish. Material can be tamped down after spray application.
Primers PYROLITE 15 is alum-free and neither promotes nor prevents corrosion. Fireproofing should not be considered part of the corrosion protection system. Primers are not required or recommended. For contour applications where steel is primed, bond strength must meet minimum U.L. criteria. Please contact the Fireproofing Division for further information.