Generic Type: Cementitious inorganic polymer fireproofing formulation.
Description: Single powder component mixed with clean, potable water before it is used in application. Recommended uses for the
fire protection of structural steel, bulkheads, and upgrading the fire resistance of any existing concrete. Recommended areas of application are pharmaceutical facilities, power plants, penthouses, schools & hospitals, abatement spray and air plenums.
• Easily applied by spray or trowel
• Lightweight – 1/3 the weight of
concrete for equal fire protection
• Most Economical – Offers a 40 lb/ft3
• Coverage – outstanding coverage at
18.3 board feet.
• Excellent physical properties – hard,
• Nonflammable – during or after
• Asbestos free – complies with EPA
and OSHA regulations
• Chloride free – no special priming
• Non-friable – high impact strength
• Single package – mixed with clean,
potable water at the job site
• UL 1709 Ratings for Hydrocarbon
• Investigated for exterior use by
Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
• Quality Manufactured – under strict
Carboline quality standards.
• UL factory inspection service
Finish: If required, may be done by trowel, roller or brush typically within 1 – 2 hours after application of PYROCRETE 40.
Primers: PYROCRETE 40 neither promotes nor prevents corrosion. The fireproofing should not be considered as part of the
corrosion protection system. For applications where primers are required, use an appropriate alkaline resistant primer. For contour applications where primers are recommended, PYROCRETE 40 must meet minimum U.L. bond strength criteria.