Generic Type: Self- curing inorganic zinc primer.
Description: A high solids, inorganic zinc rich primer that protects steel galvanically, eliminating subfilm corrosion. It meets VOC regulations regarding metal filled coatings while providing the proven performance of alkyl silicate zinc rich technology. Recommended where long term corrosion resistance and undercutting corrosion protection is desired. Typical applications include steel bridges, structural steel and tanks where abrasive blasting can be used in surface preparation. Provides outstanding corrosion protection with or without topcoats in typical weathering and marine environments.
- Excellent corrosion protection.
- Available in ASTM D520, Type II zinc version.
- Outstanding application properties.
- Accepts a variety of topcoats.
- Less than 3.5 lbs./gal VOC.
- VOC compliant.
- Meets Class B slip co-efficient and creep testing criteria for use on faying surfaces.
Color: Green (0300)
Primers: Apply directly to substrate or other inorganic zincs as recommended.
Topcoats: May be topcoated with epoxies, phenolics, vinyls, acrylics, silicones, or others as recommended. Under certain conditions a mist coat or tie coat is required to minimize topcoat bubbling.