Generic Type: Solvent Based Inorganic Zinc
Description: Time-tested corrosion resistant technology that protects steel galvanically in the harshest environments. For over five decades, Carbozinc 11 Series primers have been the industry standard for high-performance inorganic zinc protection on steel
structures worldwide. Carbozinc 11 FC is a faster-cure formulation that allows fast topcoating times making it ideal for quick turn around projects.
- Meets Class B slip co-efficient and creep testing criteria for use on faying surfaces.
- Rapid cure.Dry to handle in 30 minutes at 75°F (24°C) and 60% RH
- Can be topcoated in 4-5 hours at 75°F/24°C and 60% RH
- High zinc loading
- Tolerant to mudcracking (up to 6 mils/150 microns)
- Smooth uniform texture reduces topcoat bubbling
- Meets FDA requirements in gray color
- Very good resistance to salting
- May be applied with standard airless or conventional spray equipment
- Low HAPs content of 0.12 lbs/solid gallon
Color: Green (0300); Gray (0700)
Primers: Self Priming
Topcoat: Acrylics, Epoxies, Polyurethanes, High heat silicones and silicates
Not required for certain exposures. Under certain conditions, a mist coat is required to minimize topcoat bubbling.