FR230 is used to stop the spread of fire and smoke around services that pass through compartment walls and floors, whilst providing an unsupported load bearing capacity (see Specification Information). The system also provides thermal, acoustic and air sealing performance.
FR230 is suitable for the following service penetrations; single and bunched cables, cable trays, cable ladders, trunking**, non-combustible pipes, ducting/damper penetrations* and combustible pipes**.
Typical areas of use include health and leisure facilities, schools, universities, hotels, commercial, retail and industrial buildings.
* Damper manufacturer should be consulted prior to application
** A suitable closer device will be required
- Provides an effective barrier to the spread of smoke and fire
- Fire resistance up to 240 minutes
- Certified to EN 1366-3:2009; ETA 17/0582
- Rapid setting, zero shrinkage formulation - can be used as pourable or trowel grade