Hybrid waterproofing coating for roofs with UV cross linking system. It is certified product, with high reflectance and total emittance providing thermal insulation. It forms a non-penetrating against moisture film with resistance to extreme low temperatures up to -35oC. Basic application is also the coating of the mineral bitumen membrane with gravity stone.
Fields of Application
- Roofs made of concrete, cement boards, mosaic, cement slurries
- Rooftops with resistance to stagnant water
- Mineral bitumen membranes
- Metallic surfaces
- Beside and under photovoltaic panels, enhancing their efficiency
- Air-conditioning tubes
- New or old polyurethane waterproofing layers
- Thermal-insulating polyurethane panels and polycarbonate panels
- Glass surfaces
- Galvanized metal sheets and bituminous membranes with aluminium sheet surface
- Over old roofing made of asbestos
Properties and advantages
- It is easily applied and dries into a smooth film that covers capillary cracks and provides total protection against moisture.
- Neoroof® has a UV cross-linking system incorporated, designed to give very good dirt pick-up resistance. After 2 days exposure to direct sunlight the film is no tacky even under high temperatures.
- It is not affected by adverse weather conditions and maintains its elasticity for temperatures from -35oC to +80oC, offering excellent impermeability to water.
- It reflects the solar radiation and significantly reduces the energy consumption during summer period
- Due to high reflectance and total emmitance, it decreases the temperature of the external surface that is exposed directly to the sun, up to 40%.
- It offers cool atmosphere during summer and energy consumption reduction for air-conditioning.
- Eco-friendly contributing to the elimination of the ‘urban heat island’ phenomenon and to the atmosphere pollution restriction, due to CO2 emissions decrease.
- It delays the aging of the mineral bitumenous membrane
- Certified with CE (EN 1504-2)
- Appearance: viscous liquid
- Density (EN ISO 2811-1:2011): 1,297 g/cm3
- Coverage: 500 -700 gr/m2 for two coats (cementitious surface),1-1,25 kg /m2 for two coats (mineral bitumenous membrane), 400 gr/m2 (metallic surface)
- Drying time: 2-3 h initially at 25oC
- PH(ISO 1148): 8-9
- Bond Strength (EN 1542:2001): 1,47 N/mm2
- Absorption Coefficient (24h) (EN 1062-3:2008): 0,00 kg/m2
- Vapor Permeability Λ (EN 7783-1:1999): 0,0019 g/cm2 d-1
- Resistance coefficient in diffusion μ (EN 7783-1:1999): 141,4777
- Factor Sd (EN 7783-1:1999): 0,62m
- Permeability CO2 (EN 1062-6:2002 Method A): 0,21 g/(m2 d)
- Factor resistance μ (EN 1062-6:2002 Method A): 120228
- Factor Sd (EN 1062-6:2002 Method A): 529,00 m
- Hardness shore A (ASTM D2240): 44
- Dry to recoat: 24 h at 25oC (low temperatures and high humidity prolong drying)
- Reflectance (%): 91,8% (Visible: 400-750 nm)*
- Total Reflectance (SR%): 88%*
- Solar Reflectance Index (SRI): 111 (ASTM E1980-01)
- Total Emittance: 0,86 (ASTM E408-71)
- CRES- Laboratory for Energy Tests
- University of Athens
AUXILIARYNeotextile®: For demanding application or when covering bigger than 2mm, Neoroof® may be reinforced with specially designed non-woven polyester reinforcement Neotextile®. In such cases, at least three coats of the product are required.