Generic Type: Cementitious inorganic fireproofing formulation.
Description: Single powder component mixed with clean, potable water before it is used in application. Excellent for fireproofing and
acoustic combinations. Recommended uses for the fire protection of structural steel, wood, bulkheads, and upgrading the fire resistance of any existing concrete. Recommended areas of application are pharmaceutical facilities, pulp and paper mills, nuclear and conventional power plants, factories, warehouses, institutional, stadiums, acoustical, and convention
• Easily applied by spray or trowel
• Excellent acoustic and fireproofing in one application.
• Excellent physical properties – hard, durable
• Nonflammable – during or after application
• Asbestos free – complies with EPA and OSHA regulations
• Chloride free – no special priming required
• Non-friable – high impact strength
• Single package – mixed with clean, potable water at the job site
• Investigated for exterior use byUnderwriters Laboratories, Inc.
• Quality Manufactured – under strict Carboline quality standards.
• U.L. factory inspection service
Finish: If a smooth finish is required this may be done by trowel, roller or brush typically within 1 to 2 hours after final application of
Primers: PYROCRETE 239 neither promotes nor prevents corrosion. The fireproofing should not be considered as part of the corrosion protection system. For applications where primers are required, use an appropriate alkaline resistant primer. For contour applications where primers are recommended, PYROCRETE 239 must meet minimum U.L. bond strength criteria.