Generic Type: A single pack, solvent based intumescent coating for fire protection of structural steel.
Description: Nullifire® S605 is a decorative thin film intumescent coating designed for the fire protection of steelwork for 1 hour fire ratings, depending on the design. The recommended use for this product is fireproofing of interior and exterior steel beams, columns, tubes, and pipes.
• UL/ULC listed – designs for many types of steel sections. 1 hour fire ratings for both interior and exterior appications.
• Decorative finish – provides a smooth, decorative finish. Compatible topcoats available in a wide range of colors.
• Durable finish – provides a hard, dust free surface resistant to normal wear.
• UL exterior rated - can be permanently exposed to weather with the appropriate topcoat.
• UL 1709 rated.
• Thin film coating – offers an economical solution to alternative fireproofing.
• VOC compliant
• Easy repair – if damaged it can be repaired easily using material as putty.
Color: Pale green
Primers: Nullifire® S605 must be applied over a compatible primer. If the steel has already been coated with an existing primer, refer to Carboline Technical Service for advice before applying Nullifire® S605. Contact Carboline Technical Service for a complete list of
Fireproofing Topcoats: For interior conditioned space, topcoats are optional. For interior general purpose and exterior applications,
Carboline approved topcoats are required. Nullifire® S605 must be applied to the specified DFT and be dry before applying a topcoat. The choice of topcoat will depend on project requirements. Contact Carboline Technical Service for a complete list of approved topcoats.